How Are You Today ??

How Are You Today ??

Postby Marhianna--deleted » 15 Apr 2012, 11:22

One sentence to sum up where you are at:

I'm being brought through to say bye-bye to my grandaunty... :| never a f**king dull one is there...just when you think all is fitting into place rather nicely, someone has to say the grand farewell.
Marhianna--deleted

Re: How Are You Today ??

Postby crying_my_heart_out » 15 Apr 2012, 11:36

Why are you saying bye bye to her? Is she dying?

I've been decorating my hall slowly, and am doing bits of woodwork at a time. Today I'm planning on finishing everything other than 5 doors, and maybe when the paint's not too wet I'll do all 5 doors (only 2 architraves will get in the way). Had a bit of a drama before 8 a.m. this morning as Dad tried calling me, and all I could hear was some really strange noise down the phone. Kept trying to call him and his line was busy, so I threw on some clothes and rushed out the door (thankfully it's not even 2 mins in the car that time of day on a Sunday). He'd set the flippin' burglar alarm off and didn't know what to do. The call centre rang and he didn't know the password!! I got it all sorted and had a bowl of cereal at his .......... he kept repeating the code and being confused, and finally I just couldn't stop laughing ...... it was one of those times when the more you laugh the worse it gets and the laughter just goes on and on and on and on!! Well, you get the drift!!! Poor Dad was really upset, and I couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of the situation!!! I mean on the way to his house, I was wondering if he'd had a heart attack, if something dreadful had gone down, and I was prepared for ANYTHING when I walked in to see this poor helpless elderly soul not knowing how to stop the hideous alarm siren going off!!! Wonderwoman to the rescue!!!!! LMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I bet you wish you'd not asked!!!!!
crying_my_heart_out

Postby Marhianna--deleted » 15 Apr 2012, 11:39

yep..been brought thru already a few weeks ago, ended up being handed a mic and entertained the geri's for the afternoon :lol:
but yeah this is it now.. :cry:

my god you are a domestic goddess :shock: :shock:

crying_my_heart_out wrote:Why are you saying bye bye to her? Is she dying?

I've been decorating my hall slowly, and am doing bits of woodwork at a time. Today I'm planning on finishing everything other than 5 doors, and maybe when the paint's not too wet I'll do all 5 doors (only 2 architraves will get in the way). Had a bit of a drama before 8 a.m. this morning as Dad tried calling me, and all I could hear was some really strange noise down the phone. Kept trying to call him and his line was busy, so I threw on some clothes and rushed out the door (thankfully it's not even 2 mins in the car that time of day on a Sunday). He'd set the flippin' burglar alarm off and didn't know what to do. The call centre rang and he didn't know the password!! I got it all sorted and had a bowl of cereal at his .......... he kept repeating the code and being confused, and finally I just couldn't stop laughing ...... it was one of those times when the more you laugh the worse it gets and the laughter just goes on and on and on and on!! Well, you get the drift!!! Poor Dad was really upset, and I couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of the situation!!! I mean on the way to his house, I was wondering if he'd had a heart attack, if something dreadful had gone down, and I was prepared for ANYTHING when I walked in to see this poor helpless elderly soul not knowing how to stop the hideous alarm siren going off!!! Wonderwoman to the rescue!!!!! LMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Marhianna--deleted on 15 Apr 2012, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Marhianna--deleted

Postby Marhianna--deleted » 15 Apr 2012, 11:40

omg...woman what the hell is an architrave??? :lol: (hospital dave..)
Last edited by Marhianna--deleted on 15 Apr 2012, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Marhianna--deleted

Postby crying_my_heart_out » 15 Apr 2012, 11:47

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Not exactly a domestic goddess!! :lol: :lol: Did try to get Dad to help put his freshly laundered clothes in his wardrobe while I was there, he likes to feel useful!!! Just hope I'm not hanging off a ladder!! :lol: :lol: I'm a good decorator!!!

marhianna1976 wrote:yep..been brought thru already a few weeks ago, ended up being handed a mic and entertained the geri's for the afternoon :lol:
but yeah this is it now..i aint singing for her funeral, the mafia can f**k right off on that one.

crying_my_heart_out

Postby Marhianna--deleted » 15 Apr 2012, 11:48

no she is hanging in for the family to gather..etc.

crying_my_heart_out wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss.

Not exactly a domestic goddess!! :lol: :lol: Did try to get Dad to help put his freshly laundered clothes in his wardrobe while I was there, he likes to feel useful!!! Just hope I'm not hanging off a ladder!! :lol: :lol: I'm a good decorator!!!

marhianna1976 wrote:yep..been brought thru already a few weeks ago, ended up being handed a mic and entertained the geri's for the afternoon :lol:
but yeah this is it now..i aint singing for her funeral, the mafia can f**k right off on that one.

Marhianna--deleted

Postby Marhianna--deleted » 15 Apr 2012, 11:49

that isnt easy babe...
:| must be made of steel you!

Marhianna--deleted

Postby crying_my_heart_out » 15 Apr 2012, 12:03

marhianna1976 wrote:omg...woman what the hell is an architrave??? :lol: (hospital dave..)

The bits of wood that make up the door frame!!! Don't you know ANYTHING about decorating, girl??? ;) :lol: :lol:
crying_my_heart_out

Postby crying_my_heart_out » 15 Apr 2012, 12:10

You're not the first to say that!!! I always see myself as quite a wimp, but others see something else!! Kind of reminds me of a ridiculous film I saw at the National Film Theatre when I worked at the British Film Institute for a couple of years - Greaser's Palace.
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/greasers/

It was a movie that i'll never forget - this guy thought he was a singer and dancer, but really he was Jesus, and he kept being covered in tomato ketchup that was supposed to represent him being killed, and he just kept dancing through the movie, and extraordinary things happened - well at least that's how I remember it!!! :lol: :lol:

marhianna1976 wrote:that isnt easy babe...
:| must be made of steel you!

crying_my_heart_out

Postby crying_my_heart_out » 15 Apr 2012, 12:29

Oh ...... I hope it all works out.

marhianna1976 wrote:no she is hanging in for the family to gather..etc.

crying_my_heart_out

Next

Return to Community